Skip to main content

Prof. Wole Soyinka's tribute to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

 Prof. Wole Soyinka's tribute to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.


"I do not admire Tinubu because he is a saint. I do not admire Tinubu because he is from the south. I do not admire Tinubu because he is a Yoruba. If I want saints, I will proceed to heaven, not on earth. Every human is fallible.


I admire Tinubu because he saved Nigeria from the danger of falling into a "one-party state". He has nurtured many renowned National successors. He listened to the voice of the masses to surrender his personal ambition at the most critical moment. 


He strategically terminated PDP 60 years life span in 16 years. The robust critic and critique we are enjoying today are because Tinubu aligned himself to the masses to return the power to them. 


Tinubu has the option of joining the PDP elites to hold us hostage for another decade but he gave his all to the masses to dethrone the elites.


Political juveniles believed that APC won because of the votes from the North. No!!! APC victory was cemented the day PMB and Asiwaju resolved to work together. 


Asiwaju and PMB almost became a Nomadic by visiting every human that can help midwife Nigeria salvation. Those Nomadic Almajiri walk later brought salvation to us. 


God willing, PMB is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Anybody, any cabal,  'any Viju milk activist,' attempting to humiliate Asiwaju must have me to contend with. 


An average PDP man is sad with Asiwaju because he brought them to their knees. If anyone thinks that bringing down Asiwaju is his project, that mission will not only crash but it will boomerang. 


Don't tell me he is overbearing. Your "underbearing" mentors were nowhere to be found when this country was lying critically at the intensive care of the universe. 


Recall my first line. Asiwaju is not a saint. Stop demonising what you admire out of envy. Even your mentors admire him.


He owns Lagos! I hear from you!


Ask your grandfather and parents how they acquired your so-called 'family land'.Is it God that allocated it to them?


You are terrorizing your neighbours and village with your kpof-kpof kobo kobo yet you criticise a man that is naturally addicted to technocrats, irrespective of their tribe or religion.


Hmmmmm. I don talk am ooo, Asiwaju is not a political office holder oooo. Please let him be.


He is evil, I agreed, but we need more of him than that your saintly specie. Dear Asiwaju,  "the gentle stride of a tiger is not a symbol of a cowardice". 

Let them mention one of your contemporary that can match your records.

You are our Joy and their Headache.

Jagaban their father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~BIRTHDAY: HON. HARUNA IDOKO MUSA AS THE SHINING STAR THAT WAS LONG SET ON THE SKY OF THE EASTERN KOGI STATE BY GOD:

        HON. HARUNA IDOKO MUSA, THE S.A ON LEGISLATIVE MATTERS.      One positive thing that has happened to kogi state precisely Idah LGA was the birth of a man whose lifestyle from day one is filled with democratic and political charismatic, leadership and bridge building orientations.  He wished greatness for others before bringing himself into equations on most occasions.   I have discovered him through my discussions and interactions with him to be a man of few words with worthy and simple principles, values and understandings that have stood the test of time.    He lacks ounce of pride, pumposity and negative charisma in his life. These are things that have endeared him to the most people.     Hon. Haruna Idoko Musa also known as (HIM) to most people. He has transcended offices in the political administrations of Idah LGA at different times where forayed as Honourable Supervisor, Councillor, Caretaker Chairman, Exe...

World Health Day 2024: My Health, My Right

  World Health Day 2024: My Health, My Right World Health Day, observed annually on April 7th, serves as a global platform to raise awareness about critical health issues and emphasize the importance of well-being worldwide. To commemorate this significant day, individuals from all corners of the globe unite to advocate for a healthier world and acknowledge the achievements of the World Health Organization (WHO) in promoting health equity and accessibility for diverse populations worldwide. In Lokoja, the capital of Kogi State, the celebrations for World Health Day began with a spirited 'RoadWalk' initiated from the premises of the Kogi State Ministry of Health at 8:14 am. The procession, led by health professionals from the State Ministry of Health, Kogi State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, UNICEF, and WHO, was marked by participants donning T-shirts adorned with the slogans "My Health, My Right" and "World Health Day" on the front and back, respect...

I.S.A ADDS AWARD OF EXCELLENCE ON THE HONOUR WALL OF MR. JONATHAN ONEKUTU

  I.S.A ADDS AWARD OF EXCELLENCE ON THE HONOUR WALL OF MR. JONATHAN ONEKUTU The President of Igala Student Association (I.S.A), Nasarawa State University in Keffi (NSUK) has donated an award of excellence to a compassionate Oil and Gas Mogul and Academia, Mr. Jonathan Onekutu. The President of I.S.A, Mr. Hussain Muhammed Yusuf (In Red Attire), while delivering the award onbehalf of the Association described Mr. Jonathan Onekutu as a man of many accomplishments, pointing out that the award is meant to serve as a reminder of hardwork and successes recorded by the recipient of the noble award especially in the areas of community service, generation of employment opportunities and other key areas. Award of Excellence addition to Mr. Jonathan's honor wall signifies notable achievements in academic, professional and leadership capacity.  I.S.A and it's leadership has typically recognized Mr. Jonathan's exceptional contributions, outstanding performance and innovative achievemen...